The highly configurable, adjustable, ultralight Helio C2 Bariatric Wheelchair can easily be customized to fit your active lifestyle.
What makes this different?
The Helio C2 features a rigid unibody frame, which provides added strength and durability to a standard two-part frame while also cutting down on maintenance. This tough, high-end design allows for the chair’s reduced weight while maximizing the chair’s propulsion efficiency. In addition, the symmetrical cross-brace of the Helio C2 is made of ultralight carbon, which increases the energy distribution of the chair and reduces the torsion, allowing you to spend less effort on the go.
Why do we like it?
With a 12-pound transport weight and 28 pounds starting weight, the ultralight carbon frame of the Helio C2 is built to last with its high strength-to-weight ratio. Designed with weight reduction in mind, every Helio C2 ultra-lightweight wheelchair component is made to be as light as possible while maintaining high performance. The C2’s castors feature a durable, embedded caster housing, which allows you to make simple and precise adjustments to your casters. In addition, the Helio C2’s HD package raises the chair’s weight capacity to 350 pounds while adding just 6 ounces of overall weight to the trim frame.
Complementing the Helio c2 is the array of Motion Composites Newton Accessories, including the newton one, spoke wheels and newton gravity ultralight wheels.
General manual wheelchair maintenance recommendations
- Daily maintenance recommendations:
- Wipe off any visual dirt and debris and clean
- Ensure parts are in working order and engaged adequately, especially wheel locks
- Weekly maintenance recommendations:
- Disinfect the wheelchair as needed
- Check tire pressure and inflate if needed
- Check wheel locks
- Monthly maintenance recommendations:
- Remove hair from casters
- Inflate tires if needed
- Check all hardware, and tighten as needed
- Quarterly maintenance recommendations:
- Check wheel locks after inflating tires
- Free spin all wheels and casters to check bearings
- Clean all parts while performing thorough maintenance
- Check cushion and backrest, including padding/hardware/covers
- Yearly maintenance recommendations:
- Have the wheelchair inspected by a qualified technician
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice.