This Heavy Duty Self-Propelled Wheelchair features 24″ (60cm) self-propelling spoke puncture-proof rear wheels, which, along with the padded armrests, vinyl flame retardant upholstered seat and back, will ensure a smooth and comfortable ride for the user. With a maximum user weight of 22 stone / 140kg.
The 8″ (20cm) solid front tire swivel castors help to make manoeuvrability easier whilst the progressive parking braking system allows the user/attendant to control the speed and to stop/park the wheelchair more securely.
The wheelchair also features swing-away, height adjustable, detachable footrests with heel strap which swing sideways and can be removed to create space when not in use and allows ease of movement in and out of the chair. These footrests can easily be adjusted to fit your height, providing better support for the user, and the heel straps prevent feet from slipping backwards or getting caught between the wheels.
General manual wheelchair maintenance recommendations
- Daily maintenance recommendations:
- Wipe off any visual dirt and debris and clean
- Ensure parts are in working order and engaged adequately, especially wheel locks
- Weekly maintenance recommendations:
- Disinfect the wheelchair as needed
- Check tire pressure and inflate if needed
- Check wheel locks
- Monthly maintenance recommendations:
- Remove hair from casters
- Inflate tires if needed
- Check all hardware, and tighten as needed
- Quarterly maintenance recommendations:
- Check wheel locks after inflating tires
- Free spin all wheels and casters to check bearings
- Clean all parts while performing thorough maintenance
- Check cushion and backrest, including padding/hardware/covers
- Yearly maintenance recommendations:
- Have the wheelchair inspected by a qualified technician
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice.