The G3 Paediatric wheelchair from Van Os Medical is a very well made comfortable wheelchair intended for children who require a wheelchair for everyday use. Available in a 14″ seat width this wheelchair is lightweight thanks to its steel and aluminium frame, making it easy to propel and to lift when needed. When it comes to transporting or storing it the rear wheels are quick release so can be removed with ease.
The G3 Paediatric Wheelchair comes with height adjustable swing away removable footrests, swing back arm rests that are also easily removable and it has a half folding back rest to reduce the space needed when stowing it away. The back rest is height adjustable in 3 increments allowing for the childs growth. The upholstery is very comfortable and the tyres on this model are solid. The standard colour frame is a fun canary yellow that appeals to kids. This model is crash tested for use in suitably adapted vehicles.
For the attendant, the rear push handles are height adjustable to ensure comfort when propelling the wheelchair. Stepper tubes are fitted to the rear to help when lifting the front to mount the curb. This wheelchair will provide many years of reliable service providing high levels of comfort along the way.
Height adjustable backrest for maximum support
Swing back, removable armrests
Height adjustable, swing away removable footrests
Comfortable seat and back upholstery
Quick release puncture proof rear wheels
Half folding backrest
General manual wheelchair maintenance recommendations
- Daily maintenance recommendations:
- Wipe off any visual dirt and debris and clean
- Ensure parts are in working order and engaged adequately, especially wheel locks
- Weekly maintenance recommendations:
- Disinfect the wheelchair as needed
- Check tire pressure and inflate if needed
- Check wheel locks
- Monthly maintenance recommendations:
- Remove hair from casters
- Inflate tires if needed
- Check all hardware, and tighten as needed
- Quarterly maintenance recommendations:
- Check wheel locks after inflating tires
- Free spin all wheels and casters to check bearings
- Clean all parts while performing thorough maintenance
- Check cushion and backrest, including padding/hardware/covers
- Yearly maintenance recommendations:
- Have the wheelchair inspected by a qualified technician
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice.