The Motion Composites Apex Rigid Carbon Fiber Wheelchair is an ultra-lightweight and highly customisable rigid chair. The Apex’s modular design allows each element (such as back angle, seat-to-floor height, and rear wheel position) to be adjusted to suit the individual. Made from ultra-lightweight carbon fibre, the Apex is easy to propel and simple to handle and store.
Combine that with a carbon fibre rigidized bar and camber tube; you’ve got the ultimate combination for light weight without compromising on strength. The bar is unique to the Apex and both maximize stability whilst preserving reactivity. This allows for a great energy-efficient chair for maximum propulsion. Motion Composite’s so confident in the frame they will even offer a lifetime guarantee. Does lifetime mean lifetime – same user for 30 years? The frame will still be covered!
Featuring a bold modern design, the Apex A catches attention for its striking colour accents against the all-black frame. It’s infinitely adjustable with laser etched marks and built-in bubble levels for ultimate accuracy in setting the chair up for maximum comfort. Back angle, seat-to-floor height, and rear wheel positions can all be easily adjusted. Innovative front bumpers add to the aesthetic and provide protection where needed.
Motion Composites believes in empowering wheelchair users. We use the world’s most advanced technologies to enhance people’s lives with every single push. Take the new Apex. Our cutting-edge carbon fibre technology delivers an ultralight design of unrivalled strength and durability. With its superior fatigue resistance, extreme temperature tolerances and vibration dampening, carbon fibre is one of the strongest yet lightest materials on earth—the ultimate wheelchair material. The Apex redefines how the world thinks about wheelchairs. With a transport weight of just 9.2 lbs* (4.2 kg), the revolutionary design gives you the lightest, fully adjustable, rigid chair. Once again, Motion Composites surpass every expectation for performance, adjustability, weight and quality.
General manual wheelchair maintenance recommendations
- Daily maintenance recommendations:
- Wipe off any visual dirt and debris and clean
- Ensure parts are in working order and engaged adequately, especially wheel locks
- Weekly maintenance recommendations:
- Disinfect the wheelchair as needed
- Check tire pressure and inflate if needed
- Check wheel locks
- Monthly maintenance recommendations:
- Remove hair from casters
- Inflate tires if needed
- Check all hardware, and tighten as needed
- Quarterly maintenance recommendations:
- Check wheel locks after inflating tires
- Free spin all wheels and casters to check bearings
- Clean all parts while performing thorough maintenance
- Check cushion and backrest, including padding/hardware/covers
- Yearly maintenance recommendations:
- Have the wheelchair inspected by a qualified technician
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice.