Soft density top layer
Medium Density Foam
181kg Weight limit
The bevel on the front edge of the BioFit NXT Wheelchair Cushion accommodates foot propellers, users who wish to sit with a tight front frame angle or those with tight hamstrings. Its multi-layer design provides deep immersion, support and skin protection for users at medium to high risk of skin breakdown by redistributing pressure over the full sitting surface of the cushion.
- smartx3D antimicrobial polyester 4-way stretch cover for comfort and low temperatures
- Radius cut rear for sacral support
- Pre-ischial support prevents sliding while providing pelvic support
- Moderate abductor/adductor contour for mid-line positioning of the femurs
- Bevelled front edge for foot propellers or users who want to sit with a tight front frame angle or who have tight hamstrings
- smartGEL™ Infused Visco Technology reduces heat buildup critical to minimising skin integrity issues
- Textured non-skid bottom with loop Velcro and carry strap
- Waterproof Zipper
NXT SIT (Selective Immersion Technology) perforations are anatomically positioned to support the ischial/sacral area to prevent sliding and shear while maintaining pelvic positioning. The perforations are moulded at different depths and are conical in shape. This provides immersion and lower pressures to the bony prominence while supporting surrounding areas that can take a higher load.
NXT Cushions have been designed to ensure that pre-ischial support prevents sliding and provides pelvic support. The moderate abductor/adductor contour ensures mid-line positioning of the femurs. The radius at the rear provides sacral support in addition to matching the contour of modular back supports.
SIT (Sit Immersion Technology)
NXT SIT (Selective Immersion Technology) perforations are anatomically positioned to support the ischial/sacral area to prevent sliding and shear while maintaining pelvic positioning. The perforations are moulded at different depths and are conical in shape. This provides immersion and lower pressures on the bony prominence while supporting surrounding areas that can take a higher load.
Unlike two-dimensional fabrics, smartx3D uses a three-layer technology that includes two separate fabrics joined by a monofilament yarn that creates a breathable channel between the two fabrics. It is this channel that gives smartx3D its 3D structure and creates a “micro-climate” between layers. Heat and vapour move easily through the highly permeable fabric layer. smartx3D naturally offers a four-way stretch which provides enhanced immersion, aiding in pressure redistribution. Soft, breathable, resistant to pilling and with moisture-wicking properties, smartx3D offers the ultimate in comfort.
Preventing pressure ulcers
It can be difficult to completely prevent pressure ulcers, but there are some things you or your care team can do to reduce the risk.
- Regularly changing your position – if you’re unable to change position yourself, a relative or carer will need to help you
- Checking your skin every day for early signs and symptoms of pressure ulcers – your care team will do this if you’re in a hospital or care home
- Have a healthy, balanced diet that contains enough protein and a good variety of vitamins and minerals – if you’re concerned about your diet or caring for someone whose diet may be poor, ask your GP or healthcare team for a referral to a dietitian
- Stopping smoking – smoking makes you more likely to get pressure ulcers because of the damage caused to blood circulation
If you’re in a hospital or care home, your healthcare team should be aware of the risk of developing pressure ulcers. They should carry out a risk assessment, monitor your skin and use preventative measures, such as regular repositioning.
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice.