What happens during a wheelchair assessment?
During a wheelchair assessment at Dubai Mobility, a trained professional will assess your individual needs and requirements to ensure that you get the right wheelchair for your lifestyle.
The assessment will typically include the following:
- Discussion of your medical history and current mobility needs: The assessor will ask you about your medical history, including any conditions that may affect your mobility, as well as your current needs and goals for using a wheelchair.
- Measurements of your body and dimensions: The assessor will take measurements of your body, including your height, weight, and reach, as well as the dimensions of your home and other environments where you will be using the wheelchair.
- Evaluation of your functional abilities: The assessor will observe you performing various tasks, such as transferring from a bed to a wheelchair, getting in and out of a car, and navigating different types of terrain, to assess your functional abilities and identify any areas where you may need assistance.
- Discussion of your preferences and budget: The assessor will discuss your preferences for features and accessories, as well as your budget, to help you narrow down your choices.
The Benefits of a Wheelchair Assessment
Based on the information gathered during the assessment, the assessor will recommend a specific wheelchair that meets your individual needs and requirements.
They will also provide you with information about the wheelchair, including how to use it, maintain it, and troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
Here are some of the benefits of having a wheelchair assessment:
- Getting the right wheelchair for your needs: A wheelchair assessment can help you get the right wheelchair for your individual needs, which can improve your comfort, safety, and independence.
- Preventing injuries: A poorly fitting wheelchair can lead to injuries, such as pressure sores, muscle strain, and falls. A wheelchair assessment can help you avoid these injuries by ensuring that your wheelchair fits you properly.
- Improving your quality of life: A wheelchair assessment can help you improve your quality of life by making it easier for you to participate in activities that you enjoy, such as socializing, working, and travelling.
If you are considering buying a wheelchair, I recommend that you schedule a wheelchair assessment with a qualified professional.
A wheelchair assessment can help you get the right wheelchair for your needs and improve your quality of life.
Share this post: